Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A weekend in a castle...part 1









Brandon and I went to Banff this weekend and stayed in the Fairmont Banff springs hotel. THis hotel is in the middle of the mountains and looks like an old castle tucked away in the woods. It was amazing. We both desperately needed some alone time to refresh and just have fun together. We grabbed dinner and headed up to Banff- it was such a fun drive- I always say if you want to know more about your husband- go on a long drive. It was fun and we talked for a good two hours- bree heaven right there- I couldve been done-we pull up into the town of banff- it really is adorable and s clean- it reminded me of being somewhere in switzerland.

We pull up to the hotel and the valet guy comes and takes our luggage calls us mr and mrs johnson- -it was just super cool. I felt amazing. We get up to our room and it has the most gorgeous view of the mountains. Green and just quiet. Brandon forgot his swimsuit so we walked into town and bought one before all the shops started to close.

We hit a late night movie in town of the proposal- in this old movie theatre- it was super fun- we havn't been to a late movie in so long- that alone was exciting! We walk out of the movie after just holding hands- it felt like we were dating again and i loved every second-he out his arm around me and we walked the good mile or two home at midnight- it was cool- and something I wont forget. We could hear the river as we walked and the air smelled so fresh that your lungs just smiled. It really felt invigorating.

We went to sleep and slept in till 7! yay! snuck down to the pool- which is incredible! they have one outside thats heated and one inside with lap lanes. Their hot tub has a waterfall pouring into it. THe bathrooms were immaculate with extra little touches for guests like a swimsuit dryer bags for them to go in after- combs brushes gel lotions ect ect ect- I was super impressed. We swam in the outdoor pool which is on top of a ridge overlooking an amazing view of the mountain. It was truly beautiful.

We had a tee time at 10 so we went and had breakfast at one of their restaurants- let me tell you if you want to splurge once in your life for breakfast go here! They call you by name waiters take out your chairs they have fancy silverware and the best food I've ever tasted- coconut french toast different flavored bacon a smoothie bar-everything was immaculate and tasted phenomenal. Our waiter was even from France and it was fun to hear him talk while Brandon translated. There were lots of people there that spoke another language- I thought it was super cool. We went golfing at 10 and it was way fun to play on this course- of course its gorgeous and the guy behind us even got a hole in one- pretty cool! It was my first time golfing and I love the golf carts- I could ride them all day up and down those fun hills! I also love that you can wear a dress and cute clothes to golf- my kind of sport :) Brandon did really good and we just had an awesome time together. Laughed and had adventures. Our driver even detoured us by the waterfall so we could take a picture- we had no clue it existed. They have amazing service there. Ive never been to a hotel where they treated you like royalty and it was amazing and fun. I didn't want to go home.

We drove back home and I fell asleep in the car- that hardly ever happens- I must've been pretty tired from our adventures- we got back into calgary and went to joey tomatoes patio for dinner and watched the sun set- beautiful weekend and the best company I could ask for.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Pictures and a sweet post! I love it! Glad you guys had fun and got some time alone! (PS. LOVE the pic of the chandelier... kinda reminded me of your wedding pic)

    ReplyDelete