Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bright Upcycled Front Entry Way




For so long I have been trying to find a solution to my shoe dilemma..being canadian we always take our shoes off at the front door. When In grew up our shoes stayed in our own rooms in our closets. So I was trying to find a good way to store them...right by the front door. I looked for a bench forever that had storage..but then I thought its still just a pile of shoes you have to sort through uggh...
Then came the idea the brilliant 2 am to do list in my mind answer....cube storage. I originally was going to put it in my laundry room with baskets then thought about it and was like it could also be an entry table If I put it on its side...it would be the right width for my entry and be storage right at the place we take our shoes off saving space and time YAY! So one ikea shelf later some black bins  my problem is solved...and I love how bright and cheery it is when I walk in my house...

 I plan on switching out with the seasons or for holidays with different colors. I love that I now have a  great little landing I can decorate right as people com into my house for parties and baby showers. All these frames....junkyard finds... painted with spray paint..the prints by etsy shop
 le papier studio on etsy. Banner by etsy shop sparkle power and the cake plates from target.
 Mirror from pier 1.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this entry way! I love the silhouettes, the frames...all the colors plus I love the frames that have no pictures in them! Love the bunting....it's all perfect!

    ReplyDelete