Tuesday, June 9, 2009

reupholstering my couch...



So last week I started to disect my couch. I read tons of articles about how to go about doing this and I finally got brave. I was lucky the divets werent buttons! they are brads- so that make my life a lot easier. I'm taking the pieces off in sections and stretching them as far as they can then adding an extra half a foot around it to get my yardage numbers for fabric.

I found on old earing in the couch as long as some old wrappers and a piece of popcorn. I love that this couch has a story behind it. I cut my thumb while pulling out the tacks and i found out the foam was indented that will help so much when Im trying to lay the fabric back on. Anyone know a good place to get upholstery fabric in a black and white damask? I might have to splurge and go to chintz and company.

 If anyone is interested in reading about how you reupholster I found this article to be the most helpful... how to reupholster..
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Bree, I was just at fabricland on Elbow drive and they had a beautiful black and white damask in their upholstery section. If you have a membership, it should be on sale. I am going to buy some to redo a square box for Amelia's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to see it all done and gorgeous!!! Fabricland is a good place to go. Especially if you are a member. Some good deals. I was also just there and saw some beautiful black and white damask. It would look gorgeous on the couch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way cool Bree! I can't wait to see what it looks like when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you reupholster your own couch! I need to do that to ours! tell me all your secrets.

    ReplyDelete