Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our Vacation to the Dominican Republic






























First off I have to say Thank you to debbie and joel for taking us on this wonderful vacation it was much needed and we had such a blast. I learned a lot of things about traveling with twins and hope to spread this new found knowledge on. I also am excited to tell you of our adventures. lot of crazy fun stuff happened but I'm just going to highlight on a couple of my favorite moments. thanks to my fam for helping us enjoy our vacation so much there help made it so wonderful!
TOP 10!
1- getting there and greyson being so excited to be in a new place wouldnt go to bed so brandon and i put him in the snuggly and walked on the beach it was the most peaceful relaxing hour I've had in 9 months. we just talked and hels hands while walking on the beach andlistening to crashon waves- truly heaven
2- Hiking up the waterfall and sliding/jumping off each of the levels- it was very wet so we couldnt bring a camera- so i only have a picture of us in the jeep-but we have a video of it I'm trying to downlaod so people can see- if you ever go to the dominican republis I highly highly reccomend doing this- it was such a real adventurous fulfilling moment in life. We wore helmets and i literaly felt like I was in the jungle swimming upstream through waterfalls- exhiliarting and I loved doing it with brandon.
3- I loved having people cook my food for me and people helping my boys eat while i ate- that was awesome
4- tanning- I look so much better with a tan and it just feels good when you have nothing to worry about exceept drinking your pina colada slushie
5- I loved shopping at the little markets and stores- I really love meeting the people in the places I travel and a great way to do that is to get out in the town. The architecture there is gorgeous- so bright and colorful with lots of sunbursts wrought iron ect... I met a dominican lady who also had twins-I bought a piece of amber- which purto plata has a lot of. I also loved the mariachi band that played at night - and the sugar can lady was really cool to see- I love deep rich cultural activities.
6- gettting my hair braided with extensions- it felt so awesome to not have to do my hair- Its been a dream of mine to do this since I was a little girl- it made me laugh though because I just cut my hair- they dont last long but I loved the way they felt so tight and whats funny is I got a tan line where they were on my head
7 -playing with harrison in the pool- he loved loved the pool- huge smiles giggles and he would kick his feet like crazy- it was funny- the entire vacation people would stop and take pictures of the boys-and say ahh twins in different languages- I felt like I shook my head yes so much and smiled yes they are twins yes they dont look alike- yes im sure that they are still twins.- really though wed be on the beach and random people would come take there picture.
8-playing cards at night with the fam- we are card freaks yay for nerts!
9-finding out how much brandon loves me- he had to leave early to go back to work- it was bid week- and it was amazing seeing how much he loved us as he left worried that I would be ok with the boys and missing me a lot. Can I get a better husband- no- hes the best sorry ladies. He even cleaned the house before I got home because he knew it was bothering me.
10-getting a pedicure on the beach - it felt so amazing- and I love the designs they put on my big toes.
I had a wonderful time- it was so nice to get away from the world and just be with my family- watch my boys get excited over new things relax and remeber the simple things and the prioritiesin my life.
The things I would do different next time when traveling with kids..
Pack more clothes for them- I didn't anticipate as much spit up and I needed more clothes by the end
I'd bring more baby food- the allinclusive had lots of food but not a lot of baby friendly food

I'd go to a place where you can have water out of the tap- having to go get water for bottle all the time was a pain. If its not an option bring a 2 liter bottle with you an empty one so you can fill it with good water.

I'm soo glad we didnt bring the stroller- The snugglys worked great. The dominican airport didnt have escalators and taking the double stroller all the way up and down the stair trying to pack it and our hotel had no elevators would've been a nightmare. So We're glad we went with our gut and ditched the stroller. We were already hauling the world and having more wouldve been too much to handle.
At the end I got smarter and put toys in one bag and essentials in the other- it made it easier to find things- also putting the room key and camera in the front so I could find them quickly without having to put a boy down.
Use bug spray more- I felt bad my boys got eaten alive- I guess they are just too sweet.
I felt so bad they got bitten!
Ask the airline if they have a bed your infant can sleep in they did on the way home and going down that would've been awesome! they also gave us infant packages- how cool is that.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun Bree! You really got some great pictures of the boys on the beach and in the pool and whatnot. You all look great. It sounds like a break I would love to take myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree! you look GREAT!!! Sounds like an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete