Saturday, April 27, 2013

orchids galore

I was asked a couple weeks ago to help with some flowers for a lady in our wards wedding. Shes from south africa so I decided to go tropical!....she kindve gave me free reign so that rocked! 

the wholesaleflorist is like my ultimate candy shop... I could go crazy in there

 Boutineeires all done. I wanted to try something with wire and I loved how they turned out!- and none of these arrangements had stupid floral tape.. you don't need it!

 bridesmaid bouquet.. this was the hardest we had to wire each individual stem to stand up and curving those banana leaves was no easy task! But I love how it turned out!
 the big arrangements these were put on the headtable after
 half of the centrepieces- my fav part of these is the leaf wrapped in the bottom and the curved bears grass peaking out
BRIDES BOUQUET! I LOVE THIS THING! It's so funky and different and I had a blast putting it together.. the base is a wire whisk that we put oasis in... then used about 8 orchis stems and 15 spider mums

 heres how it looks with the bride!
 i made wire bracelets for the flower girls and the corsages they were funky and different and modern and the ladies loved getting to wear something besides an ugly carnation!




9 hours of work....but I loved getting into that creative zone and just tackling the project. I had a lot of fun creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment