Saturday, June 6, 2009

The new challenge...and ice cream shops



To write in my journal for 6 months every day- even if it's only a sentence. We were challenged lately to do this- and that it will bless others lives-our own -our kids if we wrote about the day to day things that make us happy and how we see the hand of the lord in our lives. My event and crafty stuff will soon be going on the new blog that's being created. So if your more into the eent party stuff- be patient for another couple weeks. I'm excited about this. I find my blogging easier to do than writing in my actual journal and am grateful I can type instead of write. So It might be day to day but I'm grateful I'll be able to look back on it someday and remember how every day life was with my tiny family. 

So tonight Brandon and I went out on a date- I love date nights- they make me feel like a teenager again and so in love with brandon. Make me realize what a bond we have. Sometimes that gets cluttered with the boys or work and I love having him to myself. We wanted to go see angels and demons but Empire theaters was sold out of basically every movie- we think its because it snowed today in june and everyone had to be inside so off to the theatre they went- so we went to dinner at this hole in the wall italian place- we love little restaurants like this because they often have cool perks like rolls and a neat atmosphere and a different type of menu. It was a great dinner. I love when there's atmosphere to a restaurant. 

Then we went to the book store- it reminds me of when we were dating in college and Brandon would take me to the library for a date- yes.. the library..but it brings back fond memories of the old smith building in Rexburg. We go check out new books read articles learn new things- and we almost always go to the travel section and check it out. 

Then we decided to go get some ice cream usually we hot the traditional mac do Mcflurry but tonight I suggested going to a place id heard of called my fav ice cream shop- wow it was so amazing! I love that little shop! It's all antiqued and has so many flavors- I love hard ice cream- it remind me of when i used to work at country boy dairy. They have old bottles and scoopers and vintage signs all over- it was such an adorable shop. 

We got our ice cream and then walked around a cute little park by the shop and talked on the bench while we shivered up together- we're nuts eating ice cream when its so cold! We drove back to Cranston and stopped to look at some of the new communities in our area. We like looking at the architecture on houses and the landscaping. 

 Anyways it was a great night I had lots of fun with Brandon- and 
I officially have a fav ice cream place now!

Heres a little info about the shop...
My Favorite Ice Cream Shoppe has been serving up delicious ice cream treats to Calgarians since 1981. We only serve the highest quality ice cream. With over 80 flavors it makes it hard to choose a favorite. What makes our ice cream shoppe stand out above the rest is the shoppe itself. Our atmosphere is that of an earlier more innocent time. The shoppe displays a collection of ice cream memorabilia- signs, fixtures, pictures, artifacts, etc. Church pews line the walls for seating, and a piano is there for anyone who wishes to entertain our patrons. (Piano players get free ice cream - 10 minute minimum.) We are the largest ice cream retail shop in Western Canada and one of the biggest in the country for years. Our store is a favorite destination for many who enjoy quality ice cream, a great atmosphere and a little entertainment with their ice cream.
Heres their website if you'd like to see some people playing the piano and some decor!
myfavoriteicecream

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. VERY cute date! Cheap and fun and special! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is the best ice cream shop! My parents used to go there when they were first married and couldn't afford to go to a movie. Be careful about going in the summertime, we went one night last year and people were lined up around the block- it was a loooooooooong wait, but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of it so thanks for the tip! I can't wait to go and check it out... It sounds so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete