Sunday, July 5, 2009

OH CANADA!

The boys got their faces painted with a rocket ship and a kite
me debbie brooke and mik with our canada day maple leaf tatoos
The boys had canada day shorts- maple leaves and all- This is a picture of Grandpa following them around. They love to walk and wont sit still for more than 2 seconds.
Greyson loved the baby chicks and wanted to squeeze them a little too hard
Us at the fish pond- super super cute- they decorated the front like an ocean- I loved it!
Harrison was a little unsure of the animals Grandma finally got him to pet the sheep.
July 1st is Canada Day! The Foothills stake puts on for a Canada day celebration every year and this year Brooke and Mik invited me to go with them - yay! I was missing home and all the festivities around the 4th and this definitely made me feel like I was home. They went all out with bagpipes and flag raising ceremonies. I love the canadian national anthem it's beautiful and altos can sing it with lots of power- my kind of song-they had about 12 bbq's with hot dogs free cotton candy horse rides in wagons a petting zoo bouncy houses-live bands- it was so much fun I had a great time watching my boys look at everything Harrison even started dancing with grandma and clapping to the music. We went later that day to Sundance lake and chilled by the beach. The boys loved it and it was fun to hang out with everyone and enjoy a gorgeous day. I'm grateful to live in such a wonderful country and I actually am at the point where I can apply for citizenship. I can't believe it's been that long. Canada has been a huge blessing in my life and I love all that I've learned and the different cultures I've gotten to experience from it. I'm proud to say I'm almost a canadian.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment