Wednesday, August 19, 2009

the boys love water

I got off early from work today and the boys were being loud. So we decided to take them to the pool.

Going into the pool we walk by the window where you can see inside. Greyson saw the pool first and smiled and pointed. Harrison was on the other side and didn't see the window right away but when we turned and he saw the pool, he kicked his leg and made some noises, which we figure translated to "YES!! I love the pool, maybe you aren't horrible parents after all"

They played very well in the pool. Harrison has no fear and jumps in wherever he wants, even if the bottom is slippery and he falls in. Greyson is more methodical and takes it easy, he wouldn't want to get his hair wet. There were buckets and shovels in the pool which the boys loved playing with. By the end they had learned to pick up the buckets to dump the water on themselves and that by doing so you can make all the other people in the pool laugh and think you're cute enough to take home. Even your parents!


The best part is after swimming they are tired and go right to bed. In fact they are probably dreaming of swimming right now (without the life jacket I made Harrison wear so he didn't drown)

Bree even managed to watch them both so I could hit the slide.


-Brandon

2 comments:

  1. You're funny Brandon. I wish we could get to know you better :)you guys are great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon you're my hero! I love your posts! So funny! I can totally picture it all too! Post more often!

    ReplyDelete