Tuesday, August 11, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOD EVENTS AND CO!!!







It's official Today August 12th 2009 is Mod's birthday. We are unveiling for all to see. Oh so much that I've wanted to talk about the last few months can finally happen. This is so huge in my life right now that I wasn't sure how to do it justice throw a party ect... Then I thought just say what comes to your heart- you'll look back on it one day and remember how it felt tonight.

I feel exhilarated, full of zest for life, a feeling of accomplishment, my childhood dream being realized is surreal and brings me to tears as I type on my laptop tonight, while eating rice crispies and sitting in my damask jammies.

I've always loved to decorate parties my mom alway through big birthday parties for us and the decor was always something that mattered to me from an early age. My grandmother would always set the table with a centerpiece and fine china- saying any meal is special when your with those you love why not make it that way. It took me a while to figure out this is what I wanted to do for a career- I had many years of going back and forth trying to decide what was something that made me happy- that when I got up in the morning I would be excited to work. Debbie suggested when I moved to canada to take an event planning class while I waited for my work permit and permanent resident card. I took the class and knew thats where I was supposed to be- many classes followed and I knew a business degree would work well with event planning so My major was switched yet again to business and minors in Communications and Visual Arts. I knew I wanted to start my own company. If I could be my own boss it would give me the freedom to travel and still be a great mom to my kids. I would also have a big deal of freedom with creativity.

I realized what it takes to start a business and slowly worked on my business plan writing rewriting doing all I could to make my own little company work in the meantime I met some amazing women- women that had talents that I admired and women with spirits like my own. I thought about talking to them about working together-but put it to the side a couple times- one day one of the women approached me and asked the same question to me that I'd been contemplating for months- why not merge everyones talents and create a one stop shop event company...this is how MOD came to be. So without further ado....

I CAN FINALLY ANNOUNCE TO EVERYONE WHO THE MOD SQUAD IS!

I'm sure everyone knows my amazing friend Keshia Larsen I talk about her enough- Keshia is now a part of mod she is our graphic guru and makes everything from invitations to place setting cards to bridal party
t- shirts and custom favors. I love her so much- she's one of those friends that lasts a lifetime and beyond and I couldn't be more lucky to work with someone I adore every day.

Next is Vanessa Ross- we all call her V. V has so much spunk and charisma that I just gravitate towards. V is one amazingly talented photographer and works alongside one of the best photographers in Canada. She has so much talent and I can't wait to see what photos she takes of us and our events. She is fun and relaxing to work with- which I need-and I can't wait to see what she does next-everything she touches turns to gold. And last but certainly not least is

Carla McDaniel our chef /caterer extraordinaire. Carla is one huge bundle of energy and I swear we're sisters or something. Our brainwaves connect like crazy. I love her efficiency and go get em attitude and I have her to thank for acting on a feeling to get together. She has such a passion for what she does and I consider myself so lucky to have her talent with my company.

We would love if everyone would join in the birthday celebration and follow us on our new event blog and check out our new website.


On our blog we also have links to twitter, facebook, a rss feed and delicious. Certain promos and freebies will come off of these groups and our blog and it would delight us if you'd join read them.

We will be debuting at the Bridal Show in the Calgary Round Up Center at the end of September with out booth where we'll be teaching everyone to make their own signature drinks for parties as well as having some awesome giveaways- So come see us!!!!!

Last of all I want to thank some people who have gotten me to where I am.
My Parents, My Grandma Beverly, My Aunt Marilynn, Debbie, Brandon, Cheryl, Josh, All of my MOD Squad and countless friends,family and readers lastly, My Father In Heaven for helping me through the times where I didn't know which direction was right and my dreams seemed out of grasp.
I love you all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. ahhhh I LOVE IT! That was the perfect way to announce us! and I love you too! so here we go... new adventures and a whole lotta fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had some wine or something...I'd toast...so pretend I do...
    "Here's to new adventures, learning, sharing, dreaming and a WHACK load of FUN together"!!!
    Happy Birthday to Us...THE MOD SQUAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really very nice. It would be a memorable moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looked at the website-- WOW!! It looks amazing and sounds like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Bree! I'm happy you're getting to live your dream; the blog, website etc. look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats breeeee, what an amazing accomplishment! i am so so so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Breezy!
    Finally the day is here! You've been so patient and dilligent. Your family is so proud of you. We knew it would happen, and think the women you are working with will be a wonderful extention of your creative side...Soul partners in crime...Congrats to all of you and as Mom B says "Party On Ladies!

    ReplyDelete