Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Canadian Thanksgiving

{just had to post this picture of my boys in blue I think they look so sweet together}

I get the chance to have 2 Thanksgivings a Canadian and an American. So I get double the time to think about what I'm thankful for-and double the pumpkin pie mmmmm!
This year we went to Brandon's Grandparents house. I love driving there because it reminds me of the song over the river and through the woods. I feel all holidayish just thinking about it.
The food is always delightful and the annual rook tournament is always fun.

But anyways I just wanted to list some things I'm grateful for lately at this time in my life.

1. My health- I don't think I realized what a blessing it is to be healthy until I got really sick last week- I feel for people that have to be in pain every day and I'm glad my body healed so quickly.
2. Prayer-It's something I can always turn to for peace and reassurance. It gives me a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father and I treasure that relationship. I have a huge testimony of prayer in my personal life and I know it makes a daily Impact on me.
3. The ability I have to be going to school. Brandon has really sacrificed to help me be able to finish my schooling and I appreciate him working so hard for our little family so I can finish my education. I love to learn so much.
4. The new life inside me that is healthy and strong. I love to feel her and I cant wait to meet her already strong vibrant happy spirit.
5. Blogging/My Journal and how it helps me focus on what my priorities are in life- and how it helps me reflect on the little daily things about my boys that I love so much. On the hectic hard days I can go back and read about them realize how special they are. Plus it's a great creative outlet.
6. My boys- they teach me daily about myself and they remind me that the little moments are important-They're helping me to become a mother- I'm not the most maternal person you'll meet- and they've helped me become more patient and loving- Truly helped me find myself in the mom world that I was so scared of.
7. For my family-I have such great families on both sides. Fun, exciting, happy people. I'm so lucky that I get that in my life not many people can say they have just amazing families.
8. I belong to such a great ward (church group) thats really involved- and I really love everyone in my ward and I feel a closeness with the women that I've gotten to know so far and can't wait to meet other friends.
9. My friends. I have some amazing friends. always there. enough said.
10. Flowers I really really love them- they make me happy- they fill my heart with little flutters-I can't go by the grocery store without looking at all the arrangements. I would love to be able to have fresh flowers on my table every day someday.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment