Saturday, December 10, 2011

service day 8

So for day 8 I volunteered through my church the lds church- usually meembers of our relief society try and find service projects to do throughout the year and they happened to find this awesome one this year-we helped with the ikea treelot in calgary- which donates 14,000.00 to the calgary food bank every year, but it means they need people to help with the tree lot- punching receipts and wishing people a merry christmas passing out candy canes showing them where the twine is ect...it was so authentic, and cheery and 4 hours in the cold was nothing,because you got to see all these happy people picking our their christmas tree, its amazing how cheery people can be around christmas- makes me truly wish the feeling lasted all year. it smelled so good. Ive never had a real tree, and I have to say I might be converted-Anyways they had this adorable little trailer- I had to get a picture- I loved her!- totally reminded me of a christmas story and how they go pick out their perfect tree. all in all a great night,I left feeling uplifted and festive.



No comments:

Post a Comment