Thursday, March 8, 2012

ik kil cinote'

So in between the ruins Heleman took us to this thing called  the ik kil cinote' it's basically an eroded limestone hole in the ground that fills with natural spring water. The yuchatan penninsula has a lot of them. I've always wanted to go to one, and I didn't know we'd be doing it on our tour, so I almost wanted to cry when i saw the place it was so beyond beautiful. It's amazing what just getting out in nature can do for your soul. so We cliff jumped and swam in this beautiful green cavern before going to ek balam. We also had lunch in the little hut above the cenote, it had amazing authentic mexican food. I was in heaven.







 Brandons a monkey
 isnte the restaurant cool, sitting right on top I almost feel like it's going to fall in
 I LOVED THESE TREES!  like was tempted to dig one and put it in my suitcase to bring home.
on the way out we read a sign that said this is one of the best cliff diving places in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment