Saturday, August 22, 2009

Modern Baby Shower Jungle Theme










Here are the newest pictures form a baby shower I through for my dear friend sarah and her new baby theo! He has a jungle room so we thought we'd incorporate that theme into our shower- I'm not a big fan of cutsy- so to modernize the shower a little- the animals were black silouettes- with big bright tropical arrangements and bright plates in orange and black. I then put touches of cheetah print to make it more jungleie. I'm such a fan of using things you already have in your house-and am a fan of neutral decor so my walls will go well with anything Im hostessing at my house- I usually have red decor in my house as an accent but I find it clashes when I do events in my house- so I remove anything red and make my one white pillow into whatever theme the event is with felt and duck tape. I have lots of white serving wear which works for any event and I also have black so all I end up need to do is borrow some of my friends art to replace my own for the day add some arrangments ect and its transformed for a simple shower meet and greet. I'm also a huge believer in favors being usable- gum for instance is cheap and everyone loves it-"usually"- you won't be left with alot of favors at the end of your party. I just wrapped them in cheetah paper stuck it together with a sticker and added ribbon. The palm tree for the present and cupcake table is just wrapping paper rolls with palms inside the rolls stuck in a vase with sand- if id had more time I think I would've wrapped the tubes in burlap and attached painted brown tennis balls-even tried to buy some real palm leaves to make the trees fuller- oh well it was a crazy day-Brandon and I made a movie for the new beautiful mommy- and had a little too much fun making it- midnight and x men photos do not mix-I had fun holding the sweet new little bundle and listening to him breathe and watching him dream- is he not adorable!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. that turned out soo cute! I was wondering when you were gonna put up pictures but it looks like I just needed to check sooner! It looks like you did an amazing job! What did you end up serving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like so much fun! awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute Bree! I especially love the floral arrangement!

    ReplyDelete