Thursday, December 15, 2011

service day 14




I wrote a letter to my grandpa Emerson Farnes Berntsen telling him how much I appreciate him in my life. For teaching me how to give,this man helped me with my university housing costs I remember just getting a simple letter saying he loved me and to study hard-  he always gave a family in need a christmas every year, he always gave to his grandkids, I remember saying to all my friends that my grandpa was the best because he gave me 100.00 dollars every year for my birthday as long as I put some in savings...to me that was like a million dollars, and now I look back and think wow giving that to a 10 year old...its just selfless.  He paid for singing lessons, for dance lessons, and for that I'm so greatful. Performing got me through some tough things. He just gave gave gave and loved to give more than receive...and it will stick with me my entire life. I love his genuine humility,and strive to be more like him every day. It's a lot to live up to. Hes such a wonderful man

No comments:

Post a Comment