Saturday, January 28, 2012

a good night

It's amazing what a little night out can do for your spirits. It was our dear friend Dentons birthday- we went and ate at a new place, new ofr us is somthing besides moxies- we LOVE MOXIES-like know the waiter love moxies..so it was very refreshing-and the mashed potatoes- I think I died and went to heaven, not to mention we almost got our own little private space in the upstairs room of the restaurant- I love when I get put in the corner booth thats quiet and secluded- thats how dinner should be enjoyed!
...and one of the things I miss about paris..all the meals are slow and laid back so you can enjoy hours of great conversation. After dinner we went to mission impossible -I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.. I love a good thriller- most people are surprised when I say I would rather see a thriller than a chickflick. It was a relaxing night- fun good conversation, very normal date night..but for the first time in a long time...I just felt normal again, I felt whole...happy and content. and I felt like heavenly father has helped heal my heart, and changed me into someone who is so much kinder- and aware of others. So now it's just work time. And enjoy life time, and not take everything so serious time. And look at this in the eternal perspective time. And I'm greatful I was stretched.

In other news we booked a lovely getaway. 3 weeks till mexico- we're staying at the place we went to on our honeymoon and I can not wait to lay in that pool and read a book. We're also going to spend a day on a private tour of chichanitza- learning about some religious symbolism. I'm pumped for that. I find it intriguing. I'm excited to spend mornings sleeping in. And eating the freshest salsa. My sister and brother in law are amazing for coming up to watch our kids while we go- esp while shes pregnant. I love that they are doing this for me and Brandon. I don't think they really know what it means to us. I have the best siblings in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment